John Terry v Luis Suarez

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Terry and Suarez have both been accused of racial abuse on the pitch during football matches. Suarez was found guilty by the FA and subjected to an 8 match ban. Terry was investigated by the FA, who then handed the investigation to the police, who in turn handed the results of their investigation to the CPS, who are now prosecuting him in court.

What is the difference? I don't get it.

Also, as a side note: given that the FA employs or contracts Terry to play for them in an England shirt, it could be considered that the FA believes there is a case to answer if they handed the file on to the polie, etc. I sincerely hope that the FA prevents Terry from representing my country until the court case is completed.

Sponsored Links
Not sure but the FA may have kept the Suarez one in house as it wasn't on camera and was one guys word against the other, the Terry situation seems a much larger issue or has become one and if theres any consistency then i can see terry getting a years ban

Suarez was found guilty by a statement from the acuser, Evra. No video or witness evidence to back up their punishment....hopefully Liverpool will now go to the courts.

John Terry was charged because a fan made an official complaint so they have to follow it up, he was also caught on film making his racist remark so the FA will HAVE to give him a longer ban than Suarez.....but as the FA are corrupt who knows!

Sponsored Links
So IF Liverpool appeal and are sucsessful then it might be that Terry, being the more serious of the two case only gets maybe the 8 game ban that suarez would have got.....

IF Liverpool decide not to appeal or do but fail and suarez gets his 8 game ban and fine then the FA have backed themselves into a corner and will HAVE to come down harder on terry if proven guilty, if the FA are as corrupt as some think (me included) then they must be hoping of a Liverpool appeal/innocent verdict

They will be hoping for that yes, they have to give Terry a longer ban. Lots of options for Liverpool to go down yet.

because the cps are involved terry will get whatever they chuck at him and then the fa can act. if terry gets a large fine or even a term. then the fa will react. the cps could find no case to answer, in which case the fa can do nothing. where does that then leave suarez.
why do these things always take so long

Sorry i was forgetting the CPS are acting seperately to the FA. If found guilty of the racially-aggravated public order offence, according to the 'Crime and disorder act 1998' the sentence is 2 years. On top of that he'll have whatever comes from the FA

If eleven goals are scored during tonights seven premier league games, the eleventh will be the 20, 000th premier league goal. Guess who I would like to score it. How funny would that be if it was Suarez?

If eleven goals are scored during tonights seven premier league games, the eleventh will be the 20, 000th premier league goal. Guess who I would like to score it. How funny would that be if it was Suarez?

Depends if he uses the white or black ball. :LOL: :LOL:

Imagine the sh*t Terry would have been in had he stolen a bottle of water.... ;)

the difference is that terry was reported by a member of the public to the police therefore it is a criminal offence

People keep banging on that is was Evras word against Suarez. When I was led to believe in fact Suarez admitted to calling him Nigarito! WTF grow a pair! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back