Johnson & Starley warm air heating upgrade/cleaning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everybody..

i have a Johnson & Starley j54-64 air system..and janus 3 circulator water heater.

it works very well..but its an old system..can anybody help me with information regarding a newer system and anybody that can clean the venting ducts ...ive tried emailing Johnson & Starley but to my surprise the guy dealing with it was not very helpfull at all...

and did not want to give me any prices on a newer model.

thank you

Sponsored Links
Most of the old warm air heaters were open flued or Seduct / U duct not acceptable these days.

So putting one back in the same position, most likely central in the property, will be impractical.

You are pretty much stuck with a room sealed / balanced flue, condensing boiler as replacement, in fact much preferable to your old system, the problem is re-sighting and piping in rads.

If you intend staying any length of time best to bite the bullet and go for a wet system.

we have been in the property for over 7 years..and this system works a treat..i really dont want to swap out for central heating..just a replacement newer unit for mine would be nice..

and a total clean of the vents and disinfect...

thank you

Sponsored Links
I agree that J and S warm air systems are good and in some ways warm air systems are much better than a wet system.

Some years a similar situation arose ( not a J and S system ) and the very effective "repair" was a wet boiler on an external wall with a new water to air heat exchanger replacing the out of service gas to air unit.

Back