Join pair of towel rails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an identical pair of small chrome towel rails.

They have valve threads at the bottom, and bleed valve and cap at the top. So placed one above the other, the bleed valve and cap on top of one would line up with the valve threads on the bottom of the other.

I'm wondering if I can join them together neatly and mount them like a large full height rail. Any ideas of what fixings might be tidy?

Sponsored Links
I like the idea, but I'm not sure how I could fit it unless I'm missing something. It's a solid object isn't it? So I'd have to line up both fittings on all four threads at the same time and tighten them little by little. Chance of a good seal all round is limited I'd have thought.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. That's the kind of thing I've been imagining. I wanted to catch anything I missed, and I like the cone seat union for minimising the join though. This option would be cheaper though, and adds some flexibility in mounting.

Great thing is, it's my son's decision and wallet, so I just do the research and the work. .

No problem, although if it was me, I'd just buy a bigger towel rail. Not that expensive and its going to look better.

Yes indeed, that is a good option. .

There's a number of additional factors, not least the desire to make the most of salvage along with minimising cost (as a challenge rather than a necessity). Plus, we may try it with the single rail first. But, yes, for ease and simplicity, just get a bigger rail.

If the towel rails have already been used and have been laying around drained I wouldnt even think about it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back