Joiner lost my house key..... what's reasonable?

Many years ago now but this century a mate who worked for the local council said as it takes 2 or 3 months to get a crb check through, he just employed them straight away and waited for the form to come through. He reckoned with the shortage of labour, he couldn't afford to wait. Quite a few of the staff didn't last that long. I don't know how long it takes now.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Haha reminds me of a job I did quite a few years ago before mobiles, installing a system for a chippy I knew, was a bank holiday but I was working, he and the mussus decided to go out for the day, phone goes, I answered it thinking it might be him, this lady with a slight American accent spoke, (their daughter) asked who I was I explained, next thing the filth turn up all blues and two's house surrounded, when they saw floors up new rads, boiler in box, copper tube etc they believed my story, it turned out she was married to a state trooper (whatever that is) when mum or dad didn't answer and being Easter monday told hubby he got on to his office they contacted nearest police station in Exeter (Heavitree road anyone who knows the area, they lived about 1/2 miles away) good job it wasnt the states as when I anwered the door I had a claw hammer and nail bar in my hands I would most likely been , shot, it all ended with smiles and laughs all round and the daughter got her dad to get me a bottle of Malt for the fright it caused, wouldn't happen now, I would have finnished the system and been long gone before they turned up!

New locks for me.
Thinking back, if you trusted him enough to give him a key, just get him to pay for another key because if he was a wrong 'un, he could have copied them key anyway and you wouldn’t be any wiser. As long as he hasn’t tied a tag to it with your address!

You need to change the locks, whether you pay for them or he does. You don't know the circumstances he lost them, although he might be honest, some of his work colleagues or family may not.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Just today renewed my Liability insurance.

Loosing keys was a no extra extra cover so I'd be insured for such an event.

Just today renewed my Liability insurance.

Loosing keys was a no extra extra cover so I'd be insured for such an event.

Would the cost of a normal type of lock be worth the claim? Would the excess be higher, probably?

Would the cost of a normal type of lock be worth the claim? Would the excess be higher, probably?

I'm not sure what it's about but would cover me in the instance of a burglary were the keys were used maybe.
And I'm not sure if a excess would be in place.

Back