Joining cable in plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to move a socket that is on a brick wall, I only want to move it about a meter so it is behind the TV. Where the socket is now is unsightly so I want to completely remove it and plaster over the hole, but if I do this I wont be able to wire my new socket into anything. Could I put a junction box into the hole and plaster over it? If I cant use a junction box could I use anything else?

Sponsored Links
junction box's should be accsesible for inpection and you certainly cant bury it in the wall.

hows about replacing the whole length of cable from the last socket? best solution.

If you remove the accesory , but do not rerout the cables then the cables will be outside of the permitted zones too, which is also not allowed.

Thanks for the replys. I have had a look at the socket i want moved and the cables go up the the wall and into the ceiling, it's goning to be difficult to get at the floor boards upstairs as i've had tiles and wooden floor laid. would it be possible to put a blanking plate where the original socket is and could i use 30A terminal block to make the joint behind the blanking plate?

Sponsored Links
Yep a blanking will be fine, providing it is left accesible.

This must not be plastered over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back