Joining Lead to Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to lift somes tiles, lay lead sheet lower down the roof i.e. down to the eaves and then join those tiles above the lead to the lead.

How do I make that joint.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to lift somes tiles, lay lead sheet lower down the roof i.e. down to the eaves and then join those tiles above the lead to the lead.

How do I make that joint.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Absolutely no clue whatsoever going on the above description.

Whilst i understand your terminology i have no clue without context, specifics or a picture etc. Your description is vague and ambiguous and could apply to a trillion different scenarios.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are you talking about extending down a roof from the eave's with a different pitch or tile.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right, now I have worked out how to 'Post a Reply', here is the rest of the story.

I have to lay lead down the vertical brick wall of a dormer and then say a foot out over the pitched roof it adjoins, with that lead coming down level with the eaves.

My query is how do I lay a course of tiles back over the lead I will have layed coming down the pitched roof.

No doubt the tiles need only come over the lead for a couple of inches or so.

Are we talking some sort of mastic, or ?

By the way, I have had three so called professionals over the last 5 years try to solve my leak, and despite a shed load of money being handed to them they have singularly failed - hence I am out to see what an amateur can acheive !

Any help you can give - please stick with it !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was going to ask if you can post a pic of this set up...but as it took 2 days to work out how to reply! :unsure:

Never seen a brick dormer before.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right, now I have worked out how to 'Post a Reply', here is the rest of the story.

I have to lay lead down the vertical brick wall of a dormer and then say a foot out over the pitched roof it adjoins, with that lead coming down level with the eaves.

!
That`s @ the front of the dormer :idea: then you don`t cover the lead with tiles . Those 3 guys were sort of like the 3 wise men - they were all Travellers ;)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That`s @ the front of the dormer :idea: then you don`t cover the lead with tiles . Those 3 guys were sort of like the 3 wise men - they were all Travellers ;)

:p I think you got it nige!.....Still want a pic tho.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You all seem to have 'the patience of a saint'.

I'll get some pics in a couple of days time.

So will get back to you.

Thanks for sticking to it.

Best Wishes,

816swim

Sponsored Links