Joining Lighting Cable.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am trying to put new wall lights on the wall, and am having a problem with the connection. due to the length of the cable comingn out of the wall it means that the junction box that's supplied to connect the light to the power is right where the fitting bracket goes therefore iI am unable to get the light flush to the wall.

I could channel out the wall where it sits, but it's on wallpaper and dont want to risk damaging/marking anything that will be visable.
Is there a way to connect the three cables with something less bulky than a terminal block ?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Most wall lamps have a cup or bowl type base, there should be enough space in there to terminate on the terminal block supplied !

Please post up a picture of the fitting so we can see what the issue is.

Have you thought about breaking up the terminal block so it's 3 x 1 blocks, rather than as 3 x joined blocks ?

Terminal blocks are available in 5/15/30/60 amp- Lighting is okay on 5 & 15 amp

TLCON2X.JPG

Thanks guys....

I'll try both options.... It's really tight so Im guessing the Butt Connector option is going to be the one !

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
The one you linked to is the same as the 'Not One Like This' picture, so do NOT use it.

They are useless junk, since the force applied to the crimp is entirely dependent on the force applied to the handles. This results in not enough force being applied, or too much - both of which will cause the crimp to fail.

Thanks again...

Cant see from your pic where its from.

Hopefully this Ratchet one will be suitable from Screwfix.

Also, would the Red crimp be the correct one for 1.5mm lighting cable ? Pretty sure it is, but best to check.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back