Joining of different height skirting

• Thread starter carlosfandango1976
  • Start date
C

carlosfandango1976

Hi,

I've got skirting running up the side of my stairs and as it gets onto the landing it straightens off into about 4" high skirting. I wish to add 6" skirting around the rest of the house. The joint in question is about 3" away from 90 degree (ish) external corner and I'm wondering what would be the best way to join the 6" skirting with the 4" skirting before the corner?

Thanks in advance.

Carlos

Sponsored Links
Difficult to say without seeing it,but (depending on the profile) can you slope the 6" down to 4" and copy the profile with a router ?
Failing that,trim the bottom of your length of skirting from 6" at one end to 4" at the other,which will retain the profile at the top (but either of these may make your wall look out-of-square - although may not be too noticeable over such a short length)

Sponsored Links
I'll take a picture and post tomorrow. Thanks for your replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back