Skirting Boards?? the best way to cut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

After some more advise please.

I have had my dining room and living joined via a 2mtr wide opening, i've had a new concrete floor installed throughout 6 months ago, new solid oak wood floorings been laid.

However i now need to install my skirting boards and my house is Victorian with 3 meter high ceilings so i will need to install large skirting boards approx 225mm. What is the best way to cut the external mitres as non of the corners are 90 degrees and the skirting wont fit in my saw.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Pull - best bet as per Eddie's advice but consider one of these ...

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=2377

they also sell them in B&Q.

Even with the best tackle (s/c/mitre saw) getting the angle correct isn't necessarily straightforward as the walls usually aren't vertical either.

One tip: cut the angle slightly bigger than 45 degrees as this can help achieve a close meeting corner then top-off the plain skirting with a decorative bead - staff beading looks great in Victorian high rooms. The beading can be cut exactly to 45 degs for a good, tight corner and pinned onto the top of the plain stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back