Joining shot gun cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon , just a quick question about joining cable .

If i run 2 seperate shotgun cables to feed 2 sky + boxes that i want fitted in the future , can these be joined using f type plugs to a new dish with a duo lnb and 2 feeds coming down to the 2 shotgun cables without losing to much picture quality . Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you mean can the duo LNB feed both shotgun cables then NO. You will need a quad output LNB to feed both cables

A sky+ box requires two cables for full operation although you can go into the engineering menu and change an option so it only requires one cable. This limits you to recording only one thing at a time and normally only done for flats etc where you cannot get a second feed. So ideally you need four cables.

Sponsored Links
There's no such thing as a "duo LNB" so I must have subconsciously ignored that! If you mean a "twin-output" LNB, then it has two outputs. There's no way you can split it to get four. As another poster stated already, you need as many outputs on the LNB as you have inputs on your Digibox(es). So it sounds as if you need a quad-output LNB to provide four feeds. An "OCTO" LNB would provide 8 feeds.

(If you needed even more, you'd have to use a "Quattro" LNB and a "multiswitch".)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back