joists

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have to bolt together 175x50 joists using 12mm bolts can any body tell me the spacing and stagger measurments, also would 30mm clout nails be ok for jiffy hangers.

Sponsored Links
i have to bolt together 175x50 joists using 12mm bolts can any body tell me the spacing and stagger measurments, also would 30mm clout nails be ok for jiffy hangers.

Typically you would say, bolt them at 600mm centres, with dog tooth washers or spurs staggering high and low along the beam. This does not account for all scenarios. Some spec's i have seen recommend 750mm others 450mm. What does the s.e. say?

30mm clouts will be ok for jiffy hangers.

12mm bolts sound fine to me. Washers on the outside and a dog washer between the two timbers.

Stagger the bolt positions along the length of the beam. 1200mm centers should be adequate.

Position the two end bolts between 300mm and 450mm in from the end of the beams.

30mm clout nails will be fine for lightweight jiffy hangers. If you are not too sure then screw them into position.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back