Junction box between fused spur and single electric oven.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing my old single electric oven with a new one and am connecting the new cable into a circular plastic junction box to the wire which comes from the existing fused spur.

However, although the original work was done by a professional company I have to say I am a bit surprised that there is no 'cable grip' on the junction box for the spur cable or the wire to the cooker. This has a plug already on it (a bit like an old electric kettle plug) which simply goes into the back of the oven.

Maybe the Regs have changed since 1999 when the old oven was put in. Maybe as there is no moving about of the item it is felt that there is no need for a cord grip.

Or is there a junction box with cord grip I should be using.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Sponsored Links
and am connecting the new cable into a circular plastic junction box to the wire which comes from the existing fused spur.
Why?
Options
* flex of new oven, terminated within the fused connection, no junction box required.
*replace fused connection unit with socket outlet and plug oven in.

Thank you for the reply.
Maybe my terminology it wrong.
The wires which come down from the 'cooker switch'are about 1 metre and go into a round plastic box inside which there is a 'terminal block'. The flex from the new cooker goes into the other side of this circular plastic box and connects into the terminals thus completing the link from cooker to cooker switch.
As I say, there is no cord grip on this circular box to hold the cord steady, but this is probably not necessary.
Are you saying that there could be a connection directly from the back of the cooker to the cooker switch itself?

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back