Junction box to pendant lighting (1 switch 2 lights)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
What I a wondering is am I able to use my current upstairs wiring setup which is all juntion box fittings (all rooms 1 switch to one light) what I want to do is add 2 pendant lights in a room (1 switch to 2 lights)
Am I able to go from the current juntion box light cable straight to the pendant rose and then using a legnth of 1.5mm t&e out of the pendant to the other pendant?
Or do I scrap my junction box and feed cable straight to pendant then over to 2nd pendant.
Any good advice is appreciated
Steve

Sponsored Links
I have browsed wiki and various electrical sites , to which I have found that I can go from a junction box fitting to the pendant but not anything to show me how to link up the second pendant.
how can I do this
Steve

Hi

For the diagram See WIKI>Electrics>Lighting>single way lighting and scroll down to single way lighting connecting 2 lamps using the loop in method. However also see below

take a live from the S/L section of the 1st ceiling rose (which will be where your switched live cable is connected to which comes from your switch) to the S/L section of the 2nd ceiling rose and a Neutral from the N section off the 1st to the N section of the 2nd ceiling rose.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back