lighting circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i am putting a lighting circuit in new kitchen will it work.
this is what i plan to do.
there will be 6 lights in total with 2 gang dimmer. 1 dimmer will run 3 downlighters and the other will supply 3 pendant lights.
my 1.5mm 2core and earth will connect all six lights in this order d/l to d/l to d/l to pendant to pendant to pendant terminating at last pendant.
my first switch cable will go from first dimmer to first d/l.
the second switch cable will go from second dimmer to first pendant.
i would like the d/l to come on together as the same with the 3 pendants.
any advice would be great thanks for reading

Sponsored Links
You need a 400W dimmer for the downlighters, assuming they are on one gang of the 2G dimmer.

How much load is on the pendants?

my 1.5mm 2core and earth will connect all six lights in this order d/l to d/l to d/l to pendant to pendant to pendant terminating at last pendant.

The rest of your post seems to suggest you want the d/l and pendants switched separately but you will not be able to do so with your method.

If you do want them switched individually then you want to remove the link between the last d/l and the first pendant. Then do as you propose with the switch wires.

Davy

if i remove the link from the last downlighter and first pendant light will the pendant lights get the power souce from the switch.
i am using 400w dimmer.

Sponsored Links
supersead said:
if i remove the link from the last downlighter and first pendant light will the pendant lights get the power souce from the switch.
i am using 400w dimmer.

It will if you do as you said in your first post:

my first switch cable will go from first dimmer to first d/l.
the second switch cable will go from second dimmer to first pendant.

A feed from the lighting circuit to the switch.

Connect the live conductor to a common terminal and link it to the remaining common terminal.

Connect a length of t&e cable to each L1 terminal.

Put all neutral conductors into a terminal block.

Sleeve bare conductors with green + yellow sleeving and connect to earth terminal.

Take the 2 feeds to the first d/l and the first pendant fitting.

Link between each d/l and each pendant.

Job done!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back