Junker now says .....Irish back stop can be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So it wasn't a big deal after all !!!!!! Suck it up remoaners :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
"If the uk can come up with a viable alternative"

And nothing has been suggested as yet by the uk that would be acceptable to the rest of the eu

But the Brexers have had three years to find an acceptable alternative (and have failed).

Buffoon says he has a solution (in his head) but won't say what it is.

IF we get a deal, we can have a 2-year changover period. Buffoon suggests that we should exit and think of a solution during those two years.

Angela said that maybe a solution can be found in two years, and, if so, maybe it can be found in 30 days.

Buffoon accepted that it was up to him to find a solution, and said he accepted the challenge to find it in 30 days.

That was on 21st August.

Where is his solution?

Sponsored Links
So it wasn't a big deal after all
It was only a sore point for the likes of Mogg, and his merry band of 'no-dealers'. Any viable alternatives will be welcomed by the EU which has been stated publicly. Didn't you know gasbag?

Poor lonely old sod.

Buffoon is suggesting things that Theresa tried, and didn't meet the EU's requirements.

He's not serious about getting an agreement. He's goading for a rejection, and intends to tell the Brexers "see how hard I tried, and they turned me down."

Luckily for him, Brexers will believe his nonsense.

"Boris Johnson's new Brexit proposal is... equally bad for all," says a commentator in Germany's Süddeutsche Zeitung.

Another writer in Handelsblatt says the proposals show the prime minister "does not really want a deal".

"By making impossible demands on the EU, he shatters any chance of reaching an agreement. The fact that Johnson now forces the EU to customs controls should be perceived as a provocation," the article says.

Italy's La Repubblica also calls his proposal "a provocation", saying it could be "an attempt to exasperate the EU and to have doors slammed in his face, just as he would prefer".

His deal "gives a small region [Northern Ireland] a veto power. It is almost impossible to expect the EU - and Ireland in particular - to agree to this," says Lithuania's news website 15min.

"It is not an accident that Boris Johnson presented his alternative to the Irish backstop during today's [2 October] conference of the Conservative Party," says a commentary in Poland's Gazeta Wyborcza. "He is gearing up not for a compromise but for elections.""

"Boris Johnson's new Brexit proposal is... equally bad for all," says a commentator in Germany's Süddeutsche Zeitung.

Another writer in Handelsblatt says the proposals show the prime minister "does not really want a deal".

"By making impossible demands on the EU, he shatters any chance of reaching an agreement. The fact that Johnson now forces the EU to customs controls should be perceived as a provocation," the article says.

Italy's La Repubblica also calls his proposal "a provocation", saying it could be "an attempt to exasperate the EU and to have doors slammed in his face, just as he would prefer".

His deal "gives a small region [Northern Ireland] a veto power. It is almost impossible to expect the EU - and Ireland in particular - to agree to this," says Lithuania's news website 15min.

"It is not an accident that Boris Johnson presented his alternative to the Irish backstop during today's [2 October] conference of the Conservative Party," says a commentary in Poland's Gazeta Wyborcza. "He is gearing up not for a compromise but for elections.""

I just love the irony of Lithuania claiming a 'small region' like N.I. shouldn't have a veto power, it's not much bigger than N.I. itself.

Lithuania is a sovereign nation, and a member of the EU.

Lithuania is a sovereign nation, and a member of the EU.

Yes, but Lithuania didn't say, 'N.I., which is not a sovereign nation and therefore should not have a veto power' did they?, they decribed it as a 'small region', despite it's population being not that much smaller than Lithuania and more than 3 times the size of Luxembourg.

Do you understand the meaning of the word 'irony'?

is NI a sovereign nation? Or is it a small part of the UK?

Don't you like the word "region?"

Whch other small parts of the UK do you think should be able to veto international treaties?

I love the word 'region', I found the use of the word small a little curious, much as I would if I heard a dwarf calling another small person a midget.

is NI a sovereign nation? Or is it a small part of the UK?

Whch other small parts of the UK do you think should be able to veto international treaties?
N. I. is a region same as Scotland and Wales are regions of the UK.
According to you all 27 countries in the EU have vetoes.
If N.I. is the only part of the UK which would be affected by the backstop why shouldn't it have a veto.
The backstop effectively turns N. I. into an EU colony, over which the people or the UK will have no say.
Given that the N. I. people would have no representation in Europe or the right to veto any EU laws which could cause damage to the economy, the consequences could be very serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back