just a question

Sponsored Links
well sorry again for late reply i try bleeding the rads and they all seem to shoot water but it aint black,and i took another look at the pump with a torch like i did the first time and still cant see a thing because it constantly drips water,i gently stuck a small screwdriver in there to see if i could feel anything but i felt nothing.
I put a screwdriver against the body and could hear a buzzing that changed when i adjusted the speed. ;)

Sponsored Links
right just had a look at the mid position valve and got someone to call c/h and h/w at different times to see if the valve moved to the right positions and it did so does this count that out then?
Also do you think i should get the pump of and give it a good clean out?
I look forward to hear from ya.Dazz :LOL:

also i left the c/h on for a while to see if anything happened and found the the bathroom rad got warm which is the closest to the hot water cylinder and the next rads along the inlet pipe was warm and the next on from that was slightly warn and then from there they were cold.
So what would this suggest?

if you find the hot water cylinder is getting surprisingly hot, it might suggest the valve is not shutting off the supply to the cylinder, and it is stealing most of the flow.

if you feel along the various pipes and see how hot they are, you will get a picture of how much flow there is, and where it is going.

If you try bleeding your radiators and checking your F&E (if any) you may be able to form an opinion on whether your system is properly full of water, and if it shows signs of being clogged by sludge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back