Just broke old copper pipe to radiator

Sorry ,don't follow you ?? Can you take a pic, from a distance ,to show rad and the pipes relative to it.
pipe2.jpg

pipe2.jpg
pipe4.jpg

pipe3.jpg

Do these help? p.s the walls are getting plastered, they don't always look like that. :)

Sponsored Links
Yes, it goes directly to the radiator. That pipe goes to a left side valve with a red valve head on it that won't turn and the capped pipe was going to right side valve with a blue valve cap that does turn to on and off.
The capped pipe was going to the left side ,and the pipe that is fully intact goes into the right hand side . As long as the valve on the right hand side of the rad is fully closed ,then no water will come out the open ended pipe.

The capped pipe was going to the left side ,and the pipe that is fully intact goes into the right hand side . As long as the valve on the right hand side of the rad is fully closed ,then no water will come out the open ended pipe.

Thanks, yes I closed it straight away and the water has now stopped. It was dripping from the other part until I stuck the cap on.

Thanks again for all the help last night. It's been sorted today, just had the radiator removed and capped for now until the room is plastered, then will have it replaced.

Sponsored Links
Cool. While you're doing all this work, might be worth thinking about getting the pipework redone (or at least have a very good look at it all to make sure there aren't any more shonky bits. A properly soldered joint wouldn't just fall out like that, it might not be the only one.

Cool. While you're doing all this work, might be worth thinking about getting the pipework redone (or at least have a very good look at it all to make sure there aren't any more shonky bits. A properly soldered joint wouldn't just fall out like that, it might not be the only one.

Thanks. Yes, I am going to get them sorted and to go under the floorboards to tidy it up.

Glad it's sorted for now. If you can do without putting the pipes under the floorboards then I wouldn't. If you get a leak when they are under the boards it becomes an even bigger nightmare to get sorted even more so if the room is then carpeted. Not many, if any, plumbers will lift floorboards to sort a problem. I know from bitter experience. Much better, although I will concede not as tidy, to have the pipes clipped to the skirting board or wall where they can be got at.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back