Just cannot get rid of this injection fault on clio mk4 diesel

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
My daughter has a 2017 Clio Diesel Mk4 1.5 Dci 90hp and it has a fault that's proving a git to get rid of:

1713620903991.png

on TORQUE its P0096 DTC Error

I have changed the MAP (pressure sensor) and the MAF (air flow with combined IAT temperature) with new parts and cleared the DTC error code successfully and every time the next day (not immediately) when the engine started the Messages on the dash come back with the yellow spanner light and yellow engine warning light. Engine driving normally (not limp mode) and appear no loss of power.

when I clear the DTC errors all warning lights extinguish and messages got off the speedo dash window and 'no memorized messages' in the dash.
Next day engine is started and warning lights back on, messages on the dash about Injection warning, and same results in diagnostics as in pic above DEF ALIVE.

I am at a loss what to do next or if there is another IAT temperature on the engine that I am missing and cannot see.
The pins on MAF is 4pins the MAP are 3 pins.

Any further advice please?

Andy.

Sponsored Links
The MAP sensor is the big problem for these......so check the inlet manifold for any other sensor connections though!
If the code just won’t shift I’d be considering the operation of the EGR system which can give a filthy inlet manifold!
John

Probably of no use but years ago I had a similar problem on our daughters petrol Clio and had changed all the sensors and cleared faults etc. A forum I used to belong to had a Renault technician on it and he told me how to cure it. It was just a bad connection in a multipoint connector. The connector though, was housed in a thick metal security box on the manifold and to get to it, he told me how to remove the special hidden tamper proof/security screws that held it together and to throw the box away. I did that, unplugged the connector, sprayed some switch cleaner on the connections plugged and unplugged it a few times to make a good connection and after clearing the fault, it never came back again. It might be worth just trying all your connections in the engine bay.

Sponsored Links
Probably of no use but years ago I had a similar problem on our daughters petrol Clio and had changed all the sensors and cleared faults etc. A forum I used to belong to had a Renault technician on it and he told me how to cure it. It was just a bad connection in a multipoint connector. The connector though, was housed in a thick metal security box on the manifold and to get to it, he told me how to remove the special hidden tamper proof/security screws that held it together and to throw the box away. I did that, unplugged the connector, sprayed some switch cleaner on the connections plugged and unplugged it a few times to make a good connection and after clearing the fault, it never came back again. It might be worth just trying all your connections in the engine bay.
Yes I had that on one of our old Petrol Clio mk2 - it had a metal cage which fowled the wiring and caused fault

This is the MAP sensor that her Mechanic replaced - to me it looks a bit dodgy with a hole 'drilled' there on the top , .. unless thats how it is supposed to look!
And the part number is BOSCH 0281002961 - so just looks like its a pressure sensor only and no IAT built in

1713711785911.png

Now this is where it gets confusing , some sites say that P0096 points to IAT2 sensor fault - so if the MAF has a built in Temp sensor (which it has I established that when I fitted it) and if that is classed as IAT1 and there is no IAT in the Bosch MAP sensor then where the hell is IAT2 sensor placed on this engine!

We also bought this IAT Sensor because it was cheap
1713712498146.png

So some sites said it fitted a Clio 4 1.5Dci .. and then other sites said that it would not fit the Clio4 so I am confused and wondering if this is the IAT2 that P0096 is supposed to refer to. I have had a look along the air intake from the air filter box along the inlet pipe across the engine and cannot see any sensor that looks like this. - I have a Haynes manual (petrol/diesel mk4 Clio) as well and cannot see anything about it in there too or any of the IAT sensors

finding it most confusing on this engine.

I cant help much on its location if it does have one, maybe have a search on the Renault forums.
Some sensors even though they are branded Bosch can be fakes, especially if purchased from amazon or ebay so i personally try to buy from reputable sources.

Sponsored Links
Back