Just curious

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Just a question, i know everyone will answer different but i just want to compare. Now that were putting our central heating on what time does yours come on and go off etc, heres mine.

Mon - Fri, 6am - 8am, 4pm - 11pm

Sat - Sun, 7am - 11am, 2pm - 11pm

Am i stingy not having it on all night?

Sponsored Links
why are you asking mate, its up to you I know people who leave it on all the time as they work shifts

As a bit of a pointer the less your boiler is on the less it costs :cool: :cool:

Mind you you will be a bit chilly :p

seriously though I have had conversations with clients who say "is it cheaper to leave it on and "top" up the heat rather than heat up from cold"

In all honesty I dont know what about you chaps???

Joseph... Your heating is working..... use it as you will. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

this was also posted on plumbing pages, are you doing a dissertation by any chance?

Sponsored Links
joseph said:
Now that were putting our central heating on what time does yours come on

When I get cold :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I never use the timer,just manual 'cos you never know what the weather going to do :!: Today is warm in sunny Southend :!: therefore heating probably go on later.

Corgiman
is it cheaper to leave it on and "top" up the heat rather than heat up from cold"

I have done it once and I still don't if it's cheaper :!: but when on holiday in cold winter I have put it on 24/7 with the TRV's on low setting and haven't noticed a big gas bill

Then jack it in, and do something interesting. There's work that people want doing, and it can earn a living and not just provide an existence.

calm down ( in best scouser style) I thought it was a OK question why all the bad karma dudes???

masona said:
joseph said:
No i was just bored at work!! :LOL:

No, joseph YOU are the one that BORING.

Joseph said he was bored, so it would be better for his well being to change lifestyle to something more interesting.

Masona seems to find Joseph boring, ie Masona is bored. Masona can solve his/her problem easier than Joseph can solve his, just don't read this thread. Simple :)

Unfortunately if Masona now has an interesting life he will not be reading this. Sadly if he is reading this he may still be bored. :(

oilman said:
just don't read this thread. Simple :)

Unfortunately if Masona now has an interesting life he will not be reading this. Sadly if he is reading this he may still be bored. :(

Agreed with you oilman,but we have got some good bunch of guys who willing to help out free advice and I get a bit frustrated when Joseph said "I was bored at work" so that implying the Joseph wrote the question for the sake of it,if I read it wrong then apologise to Joseph.As corgiman said I must learn to calm down ;)

Agreed with you oilman,but we have got some good bunch of guys who willing to help out free advice and I get a bit frustrated when Joseph said "I was bored at work" so that implying the Joseph wrote the question for the sake of it,if I read it wrong then apologise to Joseph.As corgiman said I must learn to calm down

Masona, I think you are right that Joseph wrote the question for the sake of it, which is why he needs to dump the job before the job dumps him.

Sometimes I'm calm, sometimes quite the opposite, for instance the same questions come up day after day when a little searching would have given the poster their answer. Very irritating.

Oops!! Is this getting "off topic"? :oops:

it is getting "off topic" but then that is the way forums go sometimes.......

I would also have to agree i personally do find it a bit annoying when new people post a question that has already been asked, and for the sake of a bit of searching they would find the answer to.

mind you it could be worse, i could be from out side the UK posting a question in the UK electrics forum and wondering why every one is getting upset

Well i have a weekend off and this happens,

Firstly ive just bought a house and was wondering how long others leave their heating on for comparison, When i said bored at work, i work shifts and after 6pm theres nothing to do untill theres a problem here (i look after a internet exchange point), the money is good. Lastly im not so bored that im going to read every thread to find the answer. Also ive bought a programmable timer and now leave the heating on 24x7 and control it from that. Thanks for the advice - those that gave it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back