just fitted TRV struggling to get rads on afterwards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.

was very pleased to get a replacement rad fitted & TRV but now after bleeding all rads only the upstairs bedroom rads are on..bathroom is luck warm & no downstairs rads are on.../cant work it out,,,gut feeling is an air lock somewhere

any ideas

normal system with a tank..not combi

many thanks

Sponsored Links
hi....eurostar oil boiler..tank in air cupboard..grundfos pump

all rads are bled./.all rads have water in...how do i tell if the system is full>?

i found a bleed valve in airing cupboard....bled that...wonder if theres more somewhere..

when i turn heating on pump sound louder than normal...thanks for help

Sponsored Links
theres a big disc on the front of the pump (about 1 inch across) is that the bleed valve?

have a look at the FAQs at top of page, it will lead you.

there is a big silver slotted disc on the front of the pump.

turn off central heating, remove slotted disc, allow water to dribble from pump, also spin the shaft with a screwdriver, to check the pump rotates freely,replace slotted disc and turn on central heating

If it has a slot it's a screw - undo until water comes out.

See what speed it's set to . It can make matters better - or worse, to set higher.

Then close any rads which get warm. That'll force air into the other rads.
If any refuse, you have a sludge problem, like many many others.

cheers guys....all that bleeding & a nights sleep kicked the whole thing into life!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back