Just had power flush

Thanks to all, I did not sign anything, they sent a quote I agreed price over phone and they turned up and done it ( also fitted a filter at same time). They are coming back Monday and will ask them to check EV, but definitely no water coming out of overflow. I cannot see or feel any water in or on the hard floor but I guess it must be going somewhere?.

Sponsored Links
Thanks to all, I did not sign anything, they sent a quote I agreed price over phone and they turned up and done it ( also fitted a filter at same time). They are coming back Monday and will ask them to check EV, but definitely no water coming out of overflow. I cannot see or feel any water in or on the hard floor but I guess it must be going somewhere?.
As already advised tie a freezer bag over the outlet, it wont always leak

Hi, I've just had a power flush and filter on my combi system, the pressure drops dramatically, in the morning it's 0.4 I fill it to 1.2 put the heating on after about an half hour it's 2.2 then another half hour when it reaches temp it's 1.5 and then keeps dropping down to 0.4 as it cools down. The pipe work is buried in the floor but I can't see any signs of water. The well known company that done it are coming back on Monday. Is there any advice anyone can give so I know what to say or do as I don't want to be fobbed off. Many Thanks
What was the origional reason for getting the powerflush done ?
It does sound by your decription that you have an expansion problem, set the boiler when cold to 1.5 bar, turn heating on and check the pressure again an hour later what is it now reading

I set pressure this morning to 1.2, after half hour it was 2.2 and half hour after that it was 1.5. At 9pm this evening it is 0.6

Sponsored Links
I set pressure this morning to 1.2, after half hour it was 2.2 and half hour after that it was 1.5. At 9pm this evening it is 0.6
This is getting a bit like drawing teeth, set it to 1.5 when COLD then run the heating at max for an hour then check the pressure, dont switch it off we need to know how much the system water is expanding when the heating is on, nothing else tells us anything

Expansion Vessel. Vessel for expansion :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
If there is not enough room in it, will not be able to take care of expansion :whistle::whistle::whistle:

OP, tie a bag on the pipe as Ian suggested.

OK, I have just Filled to 1.5, an hour later it was 2.5 now half hour on from that it is 2.3. I think it will keep going down but will have another look in an hour and let you know. Thanks for your help.

Did you tie a bag on the relief pipe outside?

yes a bag has been on it for a few days, nothing inside

yes a bag has been on it for a few days, nothing inside

then you either have a leak within the boiler or the system.
Sealed system, water stays in it unless it is ejected ( bag is dry you say), so any loss has to be as i have stated above

You said you have a combi, what make and model?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back