Just the beginning (sadly)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My partner just bough a house (built in the early 1990s) and we were looking forward to "just painting and moving in"...

Then we discovered a few things...
View media item 62459Cherubs that needed to be removed... easy, right??

View media item 62460How about a random hidden door built *into* the wall, complete with the blind still on it! (this is the result of a kitchen extension done some years ago)

View media item 62461The *IN* Suite (that's the view from what will be the head of the bed in the master bedroom... How romantic it will be to lay there and watch someone take a pooh! :oops:

View media item 62462A before photo of what will become the study (next to the downstairs bath)

before we discovered the moisture eating away at all of the interior (stud) walls downstairs...
View media item 62463
View media item 62464
Stay tuned... I hope to keep this updated with our progress as we go along!

(Not on this current list is:
  • rebuilding all internal stud walls downstairs
    replacing the downstairs bathroom
    removing the old water tank and cistern in loft
    updating to a combi boiler system
    moving IN suite to be a wetroom in current box room space
    a complete kitchen remodel in two years)

Sponsored Links
I love it when you find things like that door...lol You almost become one of the Time Team..lol

good luck on the refit.

I can only offer you luck im afraid...hoping my numbers come up soon tho..lol

Sponsored Links
haha that hidden door with blinds is brilliant, dont pull up the carpet as you might find a 90's food blender under there! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back