Just turned on my outside tap... rubbish flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had an outside tap installed 6 months ago, been shut iff via inside isolator valve during the cold weather, went to use the other day, enabled the valve, its one of those little screw ones inside, could hear the water fill the pipe but when i went outside the flow from the tap was rubbish.
Theres no leaks and ive tried turning the valve screw every which way but Ive got a rubbish flow now and cannot use my jetwash.
The pipe is only a few ins long from inside to out, and is connected where my washing machine and rad filler loop is so the pressure is good.

Whats going on?

Sponsored Links
Make sure the screwdriver slot is dead in line with the pipe.

some outside taps have a check valve built in, the freezing weather tends to knacker them..

Sponsored Links
You should have the double NRV fitted inside the house according to the water regulations.

Many people turn off the valve inside but forget to open the outside tap and leave it open.

Tony

Ill try inline with the pipe, when i get home i think ive been doing it 180 deg at a time.

I made sure I left the outside tap open and drained the water after closing the NRV

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back