Just want to check wiring on 2 port

Sponsored Links
Dan, when one is married, one learns to accept one is wrong when one is right. That is how the cookie crumbles. In this case I was right/ perhaps wrong, but accept I was wrong, know what I mean?:ROFLMAO:

Must edit my posts in future bofore posting is what I have learnt from above

When one is married - one should also take what one can get.... And have a ready supply of excuses/reasons for ones thinking....

And of course.... the more right you are the more fecked you are when that cookie starts crumbling :D.

In which case, can i use orange/grey on my hot water valve to connect to the DHW pins on my intergas? (leaving aside the CH side for now as im still working on the drawings for that side).

Sponsored Links
My plan is as follows:

Currently, HW, UFH and RAD zones are wired as splan +.

Im looking to use the drawings mentioned earlier for splan to connect as follows:

Live in to programmer for HW. On from programmer to Cylinder stat. On from Cylinder Stat to live on HW zone valve, (and the bit im questioning is orange/grey to pins for HW on boiler - 9 and 10).
off from programmer for HW to in for heating programmers (both will wire the same in parallel). on from heating programmers to common on thermostats, and to live on Heating zone valves. Orange/grey to the CH pins on boiler in parallel - 6 and 7)

the off from cylinder stat will feed in to the CH programmer to allow for HW programmer on, but the stat not to want.

So i cant use the orange/grey pairs as voltage free?
There is an external pump for the UFH manifold only, and is controlled by the manifold board.
No other external items that need power once boiler is running.

In a sense, other then ive removed the relay, whats the difference between this:

and this:

Attachments

• orig.jpg
    orig.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 2,808
  • Suggested.jpg
    Suggested.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 92
By taking the relay out your not using weather comp I assume ? if that's the case why not wire everything up using 240v on the zone valve switches ?

The aim is to use weather comp, i don't see what the difference is with the relay in place and not. From the original diagram, the grey and orange energise the relay, which connects the two pins... So why not use the grey/orange to connect the pins and ensure that the valve is open when firing up the boiler?

Taking into account that the original drawing is doing exactly that for checking side?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back