K series Karcher lance - attachments hard or will not fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a Karcher K series lance where you attach various attachments.

Anyone know if the Male connecter in center can be removed. Found the Yellow bits from attachments being left after removal of the attachments.
Yet if the attachments are fitted to an old lance of a old small Karcher, no issues.
Tried to remove the Male bit in photo to rub it down to fit easier
2ABE8055-9EE3-4935-BCC3-149640290926.jpeg

Sponsored Links
For what ever reason despite greasing with silicone grease etc, the yellow bits are a tight fit and get left behind when disconnecting.
Mine is a hard push in & twist with alot of effort. Yet on a old smaller lance, they fit with no issues..

Sponsored Links
Thanks already looked here.

The photo is showing the end of the lance/handgun where the attachments fit.
The male bit in the centre is what the attachments fit over and the yellow bit from the attachment is left behind, where the fitting between the male part and yellow bit are too tight.
Asking if the male bit can or suppose to be removable, so it can be rubbed down for an easier fit between the two.
Thanks

Thanks, yes in principal.

Although I dont have any leaks etc.
Its just that the yellow bit is a tight fit on the male bit in the centre of the lance/handgun.

This male bit has a slot in its head ‘in photo’, but its soft a plastic for a large screwdriver to move it, if its suppose to move/be removed.

I think my option is going to be having to ream out the yellow bits on all my attachments for a easy fit like I had with a old lance/handgun.

Read somewhere, Karcher had some of these machines/pressure washers made in China, where the quality control is not as expected as a EU supplied machine. ??

Update…

Problem solved.

Used a 8.5mm drill and slowly drilled the yellow bits in the attachments using a cordless drill controlling the speed.

I remember many years ago that certain Nylon block used for a machine part, that under moist conditions it absorbed moisture and swelled by a very small amount causing an issue with this part in a machine and a alternative material had to be found.

If some of these pressure washers were from China not Europe, inferrer materials may have used during the manufacture. ?

Hi Utterlydiy

Thanks for posting as I'm having precisely the same issue. I'm struggling to understand how you solved the problem. Did you drill the yellow plug in the dirtbuster lance until it came out?

What is the actual fix that is needed?

Thanks

Moose1971

Yes I sorted the problem with my lances.
I took out the yellow bit stuck in the lance with long nose pliers and the others still fitted in the various other attachments.
I found a sharp 8.5 drill that was a tight fit in the Yellow piece and basically used the drill as if it was a reamer. Dont use a drill too large as I still managed to hold the yellow bit with my fingers and drill in a slow speed drill or held in some mole grips

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back