kangaroo meat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone ever had it? I cooked some today on the barbie (thought i'd do it justice ;) ), but it was far too chewy and plain according to everyone else, so I decided to give it a miss. I think they serve it in Walkabout, kangaroo burgers. Mum wasn't happy, it cost her a fortune for this piece of meat :LOL: it was from a travelling continental market that visits Doncaster every year.

Whats the most exotic meat you've had?

Sponsored Links
dont think it would be considered exotic....
frog legs
gator
goat
rattlesnake
venison
hey, what can I say?
I'm from the South (Tennessee, USA) :LOL: ;)

oh....i tried turtle....yuck :LOL:

Camel,snails,shark,octopus and brussel spouts. not at the same time.
:eek:
had goat and bambi.
tripe once yuk! never again :oops:

Sponsored Links
Dodo. I think it was off, amazing what you find when you clean the freezer out.

It was hiding under the woolley mammoth steaks. I think we need to get a bit more disciplined in the freezer de-frosting routine.

talking of which how long can you keep kangaroo in the freezer for?

Had crocodile years back - tasted like chicken with a strange seam of fat running through it. I wouldn't bother having it again over chicken - no point.

Richardp said:
tripe once yuk! never again :oops:

An acquired taste - and once acquired, mmm delicious. If you're ever in London you should get up to Stoke Newington and try a bowl or two of iskembe, a Turkish tripe soup. Or perhaps when they get into the EU you can try some local to you. Happy days....

gcol said:
Had crocodile years back - tasted like chicken with a strange seam of fat running through it. I wouldn't bother having it again over chicken - no point.
wonder if Irwin ever ate croc.

Well joe :D
In the conventional way really ! the process by which we tear, cut, and grind food in preparation for swallowing. Chewing allows enzymes and lubricants released in the mouth to further digest, or break down, food enters the mouth and is immediately broken down into smaller pieces by our teeth. Each type of tooth serves a different function in the chewing process. Incisors cut foods when you bite into them. The sharper and longer canines tear food. The premolars, which are flatter than the canines, grind and mash food. Molars, with their points and grooves, are responsible for the most vigorous chewing. All the while, the tongue helps to push the food up against our teeth.
As we chew, salivary glands in the walls and floor of the mouth secrete saliva, which moistens the food and helps break it down even more. Saliva makes it easier to chew and swallow foods (especially dry foods), and it contains enzymes that aid in the digestion of carbohydrates.

Once food has been converted into a soft, moist mass, it's pushed into the throat (or pharynx) at the back of the mouth and is swallowed. When we swallow, the soft palate closes off the nasal passages from the throat to prevent food from entering the nose :rolleyes:

crafty1289 said:
gcol said:
Probably had.
I feel a bit bad about having a Stingray skin wallet though. I kid you not - my dad got it me for christmas and it's pretty tacky......but what can you do? :rolleyes:

gcol said:
crafty1289 said:
gcol said:
Probably had.
I feel a bit bad about having a Stingray skin wallet though. I kid you not - my dad got it me for christmas and it's pretty tacky......but what can you do? :rolleyes:
Didnt they use to use ray skin for sword handles? and even sand paper in the olden days.
4 my time I hasten to add :LOL:

found this
http://oceanleather.com/comments.htm

Sponsored Links
Back