Kangoo SL70dci 1.5 diesel - stiff clutch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Have a 2003 (facelift) Renault Kangoo SL70dci, only got it a month ago or so. Its runs like a dream, but has a very stiff clutch pedal. It's leaving me with a very sore left leg after a days driving.

Someone has suggested to me that the hydraulic cable can be 'bled' to reduce the pressure which the pedal operates at.

Can anyone comment on whether this is accurate, and if so is it a DIY job for someone not very experienced in working on cars?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like complete rubbish to me!

If the clutch is stiff then it will either be a clutch arm which is siezing or just a heavy clutch

Thanks for your reply, if it is just a heavy clutch what would the best solution be? New clutch?

I can't go on with it being this way, ill have a limp in 6 months time!

Cheers

I agree with neo, if your Kangoo has a Valeo clutch then they do tend to get very heavy when they wear down if they are the same clutch as fitted to Puegeot and Citroen vehicles.
regards johnwr

Sponsored Links
OK, sounds like it may have to be a new clutch then.

I'm taking it to Renault in a couple of weeks time to do a 'full service' (300 quids worth :cry: ) which apparently includes parts - not sure if this will be covered though.

Thanks for your help guys

You must have too much money, go and find a friendly independent garage and let them do the service, what you will save will go a good way to paying for a new clutch.
regards johnwr

The problem with friendly independant garages is that I don't know one which I can trust in my area (N.London). I'd prefer to do it that way, but I just don't have sufficient confidence in the motor repair industry that the majority of garages will actually do anything to the vehicle for the money I pay them.

I wish I was able to ask for reccommendations but I think that breaks the rulees of this site...

Back