Karcher 2.59M power wash motor runs but no pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I was using my Karcher power wash today when all of a sudden the pressure just dropped to a trickle. The mains water and electric were fine. When I turn the switch on the motor just runs continuously. When I squeeze the trigger there is just a trickle of water. Has anybody come accross this before? Anyone know of the fix?

Many thanks for looking!!

Sponsored Links
It'll be a crack on the plastic pump head, more than likely....esecially if the machine was tending to 'burp' off and on previously if you didn't have the trigger pulled.
If it is this, espares do the bit required, reasonably cheaply.
John :)

Its not leaking water and was running fine for twenty minutes or so then just went funny. I'll get a parts diagram and take it to bits. Thanks for the advice!

They don't leak water because the leak is internal, and effectively prevents pressurisation.
As with all these DIY washers, use them for no longer than 10 mins, and then rest them for 10. (Straight from the voice of Karcher UK!)
John :)

Sponsored Links
Right, need to get some torq drivers from work (i will return them!) then have a look at it. It was a cheap one I got from the Karcher outlet (reconditioned) but I dont want to have to buy a new one if possible.

Thanks again.

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back