Karcher SBP 2200 Water Butt Pump - Any Good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of buying this pump to use with my expanding collection of 200l water butts. Has anyone had experience of using it? Is it up to the job of producing a decent flow rate of water through a hand-held spray lance, say 30 metres from the butt. There is a more pwerful version but its £30+ more expensive.
Details of anyone's experience would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I'm thinking of buying this pump to use with my expanding collection of 200l water butts. Has anyone had experience of using it? Is it up to the job of producing a decent flow rate of water through a hand-held spray lance, say 30 metres from the butt. There is a more pwerful version but its £30+ more expensive.
Details of anyone's experience would be much appreciated.

Magnet,
I have just purchased this pump and the flow rate is about half that specified. In my opinion ,no way would it run a jet washer as it just about turns my rotary sprinkler.

Silverfoxx

As you can see, I posted this topic in May 2010, so have now had 2 summer's use of my water butt pump. I ended up purchasing a Karcher SBP 3800 pump with a claimed better flow rate than the original proposed model.
I've not tried it with a pressure washer, I simply wanted to water my garden with it.
I have to say it was a superb buy (Ebay) and easily produces sufficient pressure for my use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back