Karndean Adhesive advice for bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Can someone advise please on the right adhesive options for laying Karndean on a Plywood covered floor in a bathroom.

So they do the following adhesives:
  • Universal Adhesive
  • Epoxy Resin
  • High Temperature Adhesive (HT)
  • Acrylic
  • Pressure Sensitive Adhesive (PS)
From reading the descriptions Acrylic and High Temperature don't seem the right options. The Epoxy seems to come in a minimum of 4kg, and is expensive.

Can I use the Universal?

Can't find specific advise on using the Universal or the Pressure Sensitive for this situation.

The area is only 2m2, so don't really want to buy a massive tub of expensive adhesive, unless I have to.

Cheers
Jon

Sponsored Links
A 2.5ltr will do if you can get one. But if not fball F44 will be fine.
Karndean universal would be best. Cut it all in dry then lift out and glue it out then place in.

Thanks for the reply.

Isn't F44 the equivalent of Karndean's Acrylic adhesive? I was thinking I needed to avoid that in a moisture based environment?

Sponsored Links
For 10 years Karndean said use F44 till they brought there own out. You will be fine with 44. Used it in many a bathroom.

Thanks Daz.

F49 would be overkill then?

When laying onto Ply do you bother priming or skimming the nail heads and joins before applying the adhesive? Cheers.

Yes it would. Great adhesive though. But I only use that in high temp areas.
Only prime the ply if it’s got dusty / dirty.
Yes skim the ply with feather finish.

Thank you.

One last question. F44 comes in a 1 litre size too, which supposedly does 4m2. Are their coverage estimates accurate or do I need 2.5 litres? The area is between 2 and 2.5m2. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back