keeping rollers overnight without cleaning them

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am in the process of painting a room but can only do it in the evenings so no chance of finishing all in one go. What's the best way of storing rollers loaded with paint overnight?

I've tried clingfilm, didn't work out badly, but was wondering if there is any other way?

Cheers,

Will

Sponsored Links
That was going to be my first suggestion. you could try putting the rollers in ziplock bags?

Sponsored Links
Yeah, like they said, plastic bags - if it's emulsion - the tighter u wrap it up the longer it will last - maybe 5-8 days before they start to harden. Oil based will probably only last a day before they start to go off, maybe even less.

For oil based, just drop the roller in a bucket of water so it's completely submerged - it'll last forever because no air can get at it. When needed, just take it out, squeeze off the excess paint and water with a bit of newspaper, and away u go.

It's the best way to deal with oil based paint on rollers especially and also brushes - in my opinion. It's too much hassle cleaning them. When finished a job put them in a plastic bag and take them home (or u'll spill water all over ur car/van), submerge them in water until needed a again (even if months later - probably years - but i've never had to wait that long) take them out squeeze of excess - wrap in plastic bag - take to job (cause u don't want to spill water over ur car/van) etc etc

(but if u have a way of transporting the equipment while submerged and with out much risk of spilling, then by all means........)

I HATE washing out oil based paint - waste of time

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back