Keeping the rain off, working outside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've become complacent with having had so many sunny weekends recently... This afternoon I wanted to do some jobs involving cutting various sorts of man-made wood with powertools. Both big no-nos in the rain! I don't want to do it inside due to the dust.

As next weekend is forecast to be much the same I've been racking my brain about how to carry on working when the rain is coming down. A workshop would be nice but I can't really throw one up in time! The only idea I've come up with is a cheapo gazebo.

Am I missing a better solution? How do you carry on working outside if it's something you need/want to keep dry?

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a big garage, with a workshop on the back, plus a large hut, but still some jobs are better done outside - then I use a large tarpaulin and my garden bench. I have a series of hooks on the side of the garage with more on the adjacent hut front, so able to fix it on two sides. I support the open corner, with a caravan awning pole and a rope to a peg, to pull it taught. It keeps the rain off and the sun, but allows for plenty of space to work on a flat surface.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gazebo or have used tower rearranged with Taup over to give garage sized dry space .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You can get heavy duty translucent tarps, they're good for working under as they let a lot of light through. Get the biggest you can, and hang it with plenty of fall so the water doesn't puddle on it

Sponsored Links