Ken Livingstone plans

PJHolybloke and Stulz, what makes you believe that public money is being used :?:

Is there any evidence that it is being sponsored by Ken Livingstone :?:

Sponsored Links
John, it is not being sponsored by KL, but he is supporting it and has promised that The Mayors Office will push through planning permission, over-rulling the local authority planning office if necessary, has promised that public money will be used to provide parking restrictions around the building, provide planning expertise and further, has promised that he will ensure Londoners foot up to 25% of the construction cost and that his office will support an application to both the Lottery Heritage Fund and The European Union Regeneration and Developement Fund for the bulk of the Costs.

There has been talk at the mosque on this subject and our Imman has recieved a letter from the Mayors office detailing such plans. I can honestly say that most of my fellow muslims in my mosque are actually appalled at the idea as they feel, rightly so, that it will only serve to ferment tensions and play into the hands of the rascist minority.

Such a plan only serves the ego of a failed communist dictator, it does not serve the community in which it would be built, it does not serve the larger London or UK population and it certainly does not serve the needs of the Islamic community in the UK either. The plan should be scrapped.

pjholybloke said:
Having lived in London for 5 years, I know there are plenty of projects in more urgent need of a cash boost, IMHO the man's a borderline lunatic.
Rather fitting then that one of his next opponents could be boris johnson... :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that:

"Ken Livingstone has unveiled details of what he calls "an organised email campaign" to influence an online poll being conducted by the Evening Standard "aimed at stirring up communal hatred by spreading entirely false statements about plans for a new mosque in East London."

According to Mr Livingstone the campaign has been sparked by an online poll asking people to votewhether or not they were in favour of him spending £100 million of public money on a new Mosque in East London. The Mayor has previously stated that no public money will be spent on the Mosque.

Mr Livingstone said his office has been alerted to a series of emails being sent which make what he calls "a series of false claims about the mosque proposals in such a way as to stir up communal hatred"

and

"Mr Livingstone said the allegations in the emails were "clearly designed to deliberately whip up communal hatred and contain content that is entirely untrue.They are clearly being spread in an organised way for unscrupulous political reasons".

The Mayor repeated his past statement that "there is no proposal to use any public money at all for such a mosque; there is no link between plans for a mosque and the Olympics; and, as widely reported, there are actually no plans for a mosque on the scale claimed in the email"

Contrary to what his letter says that was sent to Mosques in London.

Either he is a bare faced liar, or his staff are putting his name to things without permission, which means he has no control over his office.

Whichever is true it means he is unfit to hold public office and should be impeached or sacked, whichever is more appropriate.

Who do we want (instead of Ken)? BORIS!

When do we want him? I say. Now, by jove.

How do you know when a politician is lying?..................Its when he,s talking........... :LOL:

Stulz said:

I haven't seen this letter. Presumably a copy is available somewhere?

JohnD said:
Stulz said:

I haven't seen this letter. Presumably a copy is available somewhere?

I will see if I can obtain a copy from the Imman and scan it so I can post a copy on the net. It would nice to send it to the Evening Standard, the Standards commissioner and Boris Johnson.. I'd be interested to see how Ken gets out of that mess.

Stulz excellent post well said. I for one would love to see red ken get his comeuppance as someone who drives into london every day he has made life hell and the only reason he is showing support to such a ridiculous scheme such as this is pandering to the PC brigade. How a man this plainly stupid came to high office I will never know.

Oh well bring on Boris he may be eccentric but at least well all get a laugh or two as he offends pretty much everyone at some point. :LOL:

And don't even get me started on his transport plans for London. I'd like to know how he expects trades etc to get into London witout using a vehicle. Maybe one day ill ride into London on a pushbike with my tools on the handlebars and a set of triple 10's on my shoulder ! ! ! ! :evil:

I think Ken's great, and have done since before that dreadful Thatcher woman tried to abolish him :)

Poor old Ken did a lot to pull London together, must be 20 years ago or more. he put a LOT of work into improving public transport.

He got up the Thatcher's snout and amazingly she abolished the democratically elected GLC and seized its property (selling much of it off). She and her spinners tried to claim they were doing this because the council was unnecessary and unpopular. Ken then resigned and offered himself for reelection and was returned with an increased majority. His record is what's got him back there.

The idea that London's transport, roads, fire services etc can be locally managed by the boroughs independently of each other is patently absurd. they have to mesh together as an integrated whole.

However it makes life a bit easier for central government if they do not have any organised and strong body to deal with, having its own responsibilities and powers and not necessarily being subservient to the Prime Minister of the day. It is worth remembering that the population of London is considerably larger than the population of Scotland and Wales combined.

It is not widely recognised that London's public transport systems were for a long time (having been seized from the GLC) run by the government of the day, and are still not wholly under the control of London's elected body however they are partly under London's control so this gives an excuse to blame Ken for all shortcomings.

Not everyone agrees that the Congestion Charge has made things worse.

Anyone who showed up Thatcher for what she was is ok in my book :)

Sponsored Links