Ken Livingstone plans

I have mixed feeling over Ken Livingston to be totally honest. I accept that he has been a man of his word, a very rare commodity in Politics, and made massive improvements to the public transport system in the capital. We have buses running 24/7 and underground trains that run about 18/19 hours. There are more buses, trains and other systems, this is great, he did what he said he would do.

However this has to be balanced on other things. The congestion charge is a joke. We already pay for the roads. If it were truly a CONGESTION charge then all vehicles would actually have to pay it, no matter what form of propulsion they use. This is simply another petrol/diesel tax and it is about time this was admited.

If he truly wanted to resolve traffic issues in London then there are easy ways to do it. Between say 6am and 6pm you ban the use of privately owned cars in the Capital/West End unless you actually live there. The only vehicles being allowed should be commercial vehicles, buses and licensed Black Cabs, and obviously motorbikes.

If this were done then many parts of the centre of London could be improved dramatically for pedestrians and I for one would applaud it. However to do this would reduce his stealth tax and thus mean he had less money to give to his hangers on and pay for Dictator Visits etc.

Sponsored Links
The next problem would be more traffic elsewhere, there's too many vehicles on the road and the way I'm seeing it is, this government are trying to make driving a car expensive hoping to force them of the road.

masona said:
The next problem would be more traffic elsewhere, there's too many vehicles on the road and the way I'm seeing it is, this government are trying to make driving a car expensive hoping to force them of the road.

I think there is certainly an element of this going on, however it would be simpler to legislate against the use of private vehicles on certain roads at certain times of the day.

Raise the price of petrol to £5 per gallon and make public transport free.

Sponsored Links
maybe Boris Johston will be in power by then, and he could build a London circus so we could all watch the clowns in there natural habitat every day, and not just prime minsters question time on wednesday.
may your god go with you :) :)