Kenwood Fridge Freeze Control Panel lighting up but not responding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I have a problem with my recently bough Kenwood fridge freezer model ksbsdix16. The problem is as follows; the control panel is lighting up when i press the buttons or rather touch controls or when I open either of the doors but there is no respons when I press them. That's it although I have to add that there is appropriate repose very and I mean very rarely when I press the button to wake the screen up but that is it. Child lock is off and I tried turning the fridge off and on a couple of times up to 5 minutes. Help is much appreciated thank you to all who try, hopefully we can figure this out ;)

Sponsored Links
If it’s like mine you have to hold finger on temp adjustment for a few seconds before it responds( to avoid accidentally activating while cleaning etc).

Hi,

We had a similar issue with our KSBSDIT18 yesterday. The control panel was lighting up and bleeping without any buttons being pressed. I finally came to the conclusion that it was because the appliance control panel was in direct sunlight for a period of time. It sits in our utility room. Once I closed the window blind, everything returned to normal after a short period of time. Why it would behave like this is beyond me, but I thought I'd share this experience. Good luck.

JP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back