KETTLE SUDDENLY KEEPS TRIPPING MAIN FUSE BOX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Why is it that my kettle has suddenly started to trip the fuse everytime it is turned on - It is a cordless kettle with a corded base - I have tried pluging it into a different socket & the same thing happens - All the sockets go dead, & have to be turned back on at the main fuse box - What I want to know is if it is the kettle that is the problem & if so can it be sorted - Below is a link to give you an idea of what the Morphy Richards kettle looks like.

http://uk.shopping.com/xPF-Morphy-Richards-43438-Essentials-Traditional

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :mad:
Regards
Simi

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you need to bin the kettle and buy a new one, for the price of them they are not really worth the hastle of repairing.

Try drying out kettle and base thoroughly and try again. Also check plug - steam from kettle can sometime condense in plug.

Sponsored Links
Its a moulded plug but in no way is it water or vapourproof.

There's a fuse in it with a pull out section, you can get all sorts in there but do as suggested. Skip for the kettle then skip down to Dyas and get yourself a nice new one. :LOL:

The missus had the same prob. I had a look............. she had forgotten to say that she put the base in the washing bowl, which just happened to be FULL OF WATER, as she filled the kettle up. Sure enough, a hair dryer session later, and it's worked since.

Hi there,
Why is it that my kettle has suddenly started to trip the fuse everytime it is turned on - It is a cordless kettle with a corded base - I have tried pluging it into a different socket & the same thing happens - All the sockets go dead, & have to be turned back on at the main fuse box - What I want to know is if it is the kettle that is the problem & if so can it be sorted - Below is a link to give you an idea of what the Morphy Richards kettle looks like.

http://uk.shopping.com/xPF-Morphy-Richards-43438-Essentials-Traditional

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :mad:
Regards
Simi
Hi, we have the same kettle just a different colour, its 6 months old and has started to trip the electric even though the socket is switched off. I phoned Morphy Richards who told me that is impossible. I then tried it at work and with the socket off I switched the kettle itself on and 3 times it tripped the mains power.

A kettle is always hard as neutral - earth faults can mean it's not the kettle but something else at fault but where kettle also trips supply in a different location likely it's due for the bin.

Point is kettle costs £6 is it really worth the effort to find out cause.

M
A kettle is always hard as neutral - earth faults can mean it's not the kettle but something else at fault but where kettle also trips supply in a different location likely it's due for the bin.

NO, not the bin. It is only 6 months old. It's due to go back to the retailer as not fit for purpose under the sale of goods act. Most likely there is a manufacturers guarantee of a year in addition to those statutory rights.[/youtube]

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swan-Jug-Kettle-Cordless-Traditional-Style-Black-152699-/120671024301]
Ah - but for a mere extra £109.99, you can get a 3-year warranty - maybe that makes the price worth paying :)

Kind Regards, John

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
.. i know this thread is old.. i just the other day found it through having the same issue with my kettle.. but all solved by just changing the fuse in the plug! Forgive me if wrong didn't see anyone suggesting that..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back