Kewtwch KT60 no trip?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, in order to help with some of my testing ( got open post regarding earth current) I have sight of a kewtech psc/loop rcd tester wKT60.

its old obviously but anyone know if no trip works OK as with older type ac RCDs . Itll be for "indication only "really

Sponsored Links
I am sure you can read the spec as well as me, idea is only use 9 mA so a 30 mA RCD will not trip, but if some thing else is allowing between 6 and 21 mA to leak then it can still trip.

I have seen that some of the very new expensive testers still trip current MCBs its spec says it uses 15mA on the no trip range to measure loop and hence calculate PSC I guess if , if there is an element of leakage ( obviously below 30mA trip level) the 15 might take it over.
Might give it a try I guess as its not expensive. Worst case is bridge out any RCDs in line for the test only.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back