KIA rio crank position sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Car died yesterday, plugged in a emc reader and got a orb code for crank sensor. Duly replaced fired up... Great. Drove home turned off needed to go out later and you guessed it , won't fire.

The engine is turning over just not firing up, if I am lucky and persistent it will sometimes fire up.

Anybody had a similar problem, advice or suggestions?

I have a feeling this could be 1 of a million things?

Also anyone got a manual for this skip? Or have they all been used as bog roll?

Sponsored Links
Cost me £50 for part wasn't a KIA own part. Was a pattern part. I was thinking it could be a dodgy sensor but until I can me Mits on a reader don't know if it's same fault?

not unusual for a pattern part to be just as bad as the knackered one.
inspect the wiring loom and make sure the wiring to the sensor is ok and not shorting on the block etc. if the same code is coming up odds on its still the sensor

Sponsored Links
I have heard of crank position sensors sending pulses of ther wrong polarity to the management system, so the ignition is triggered from the wrong side of the pulse from the sensor.

Once the engine is running, the rest of the engine management inputs help drag the errant ignition timing back to something resembling normality, but starting a cold engine with incorrect ignition timing is another matter....

Back