Kickspace 500 - Fan runs all the time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My Myson kickspace 500 has a summer/winter switch and in winter position, the fan should only run when the radiator within gets heat from the boiler. In my case, it runs all the time regardless of the summer/winter switch position. I'm no heating engineer but my electrical background let me read and figure out the wiring diagram and see how it should work. I soon suspected that the low limit thermostat was faulty so out it came and as suspected a meter confirmed it was closed (short) at room temp.
I bought a new one and before I put it in, I put it on the meter and it is closed (short) as well.
Have I bought a knackered thermostat?
Have I misunderstood how it works? should the low limit thermostat be normally open?
Can anyone help please?
Chris.

Sponsored Links
The new one is probably normally closed, when you need a normally open switch. The normally closed type is quite common as they are used for overheat protection in various items. Alternatively the thing you've replaced may actually be an overheat shut off, and the thermostat control is still in there?

Just wanted to say thanks MM666, you were spot on. Kickspace working perfectly now.:D
Cheers,
Chris.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back