Kidd VHE Boilers

Sponsored Links
That would depend if they could manufacturer them to be better than their 86% band b rating?
Also the company were famously a nightmare to deal with, and as obscure as their boilers.
Not many folk want floor standing lumps anymore, with such low outputs.

I always presumed they preferred making tractors????

Simond has a very good word on these boilers.
Archie Kidd is still alive I think.

The plans for the boilers are hidden in a chest of drawers at his home.
Kidd farm machinery is still manufactured afaik.

Archibold died some years past, Malcolm is now the director of the company.

AFAIK the farm machinery bit was also bought out and rebranded and has since disappeared into obscurity.

The changes in eu regulations would mean a complete redesign and I guess it's just not worth it for such an obscure product.

Sponsored Links
Most modern condensing boilers don't condense very well after initial startup due to the return water being too hot, pump running too fast, boiler oversized etc. I have a 26 year old Kidd model 1, it was designed that the return flow was no more than 55C, so it condenses properly. I had a lot of trouble with it though in the early days as everything ran far too hot in the boiler casing. I fitted 20mm of brown foam insulation on the boiler face & it hasn't gone wrong since, 15 years. The people at Kidd didn't want to know & didn't seem to understand that a blower moter where the temperature of the casing goes up to 130C will fail (I had 3 go)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back