Killings of off-duty Military personel.

/............
The point is whether you accept that we have to be brutal against the enemy in order to protect and maintain our way of life, ..../

I would agree with your sentiment cajar, but, why is it not easier, cheaper, more morally acceptable, less risky to defend our way of life in our own borders, rather than 'taking the fight to the enemy'?

Surely by taking the fight to the enemy, thus incurring the civilian casualties in the process and killing the enemy during their off-duty time, we have lost any moral ground to which we laid claim.

My (limited) understanding of it is that our involvement in foreign conflict is part of complex relationships including with america, and to do with our interests in oil supplies, which, despite being reduced to 'oil isnt worth blood' by anti war campaigners, has the potential to cripple our society and cause serious unrest. The fuel crisis gives a glimpse as to how behaviour of the public can create a tipping point, and the riots can show just how much of a knife edge we are on.

Sponsored Links
Harsh fact is that there is price to be paid to keep "here" like it is and "there" over "there". Clearly it works as people from "there" keep coming "here" but no one "here" wants to go "there". Enjoy being "here" and be grateful to those who try to maintain "here". If anyone is that narked by how we protect "here" maybe they could fek off over "there".
All figurative of course. No race or religious hate intended just a deep love of good old blighty! Maybe we should all embrace the land we live in and thank our gods that we are "here" and not "there", wherever "there" is.
Happy Christmas to you all!!!!

Surely by taking the fight to the enemy, thus incurring the civilian casualties in the process and killing the enemy during their off-duty time, we have lost any moral ground to which we laid claim.

No. Had the Allies not undertaken strategic bombing of German cities during WW2, the Nazis may have won and a greater evil have followed.

Had Japan not been hit by A-bombs, even greater casualties may have ensued (on both sides) as they fought to the death.

A (relatively) small number of casualties is better than a large number in the long term.

Harsh fact is that there is price to be paid to keep "here" like it is and "there" over "there". Clearly it works as people from "there" keep coming "here" but no one "here" wants to go "there". Enjoy being "here" and be grateful to those who try to maintain "here". If anyone is that narked by how we protect "here" maybe they could fek off over "there".
All figurative of course. No race or religious hate intended just a deep love of good old blighty! Maybe we should all embrace the land we live in and thank our gods that we are "here" and not "there", wherever "there" is.
Happy Christmas to you all!!!!

No muslims for Christmas dinner again this year then.??? :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
Thing is,, these terrorists (and their leaders) choose to hide amongst the civilian population. Perhaps if the civvies told the terrorists to feck off, then the civvies wouldn't become casualties. ;) ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
The deliberate targeting of innocent people has always been the priority for muslim loons. They don't give a monkeys snatch, they even blow their own people up ffs.

Drones are collateral damage.

Thing is,, these terrorists (and their leaders) choose to hide amongst the civilian population. Perhaps if the civvies told the terrorists to f**k off, then the civvies wouldn't become casualties. ;) ;)

Spot on.

Trouble is, that's what they're good at. In this country for example, the enemy has long been within.

Just to make my position clear:

1. I don't think we should ever have involved ourselves with the Afghanis (oops, can I say that? It's a bit like saying Pa**s!). The only reason we're there is because our sycophantic politicians like to suck up to the Yanks.

2. I think the Geneva Convention is an excellent arrangement...

...as long as both sides are signatories. If not, we should not feel the need to have our hands tied behind our backs by it.

...as long as both sides are signatories. If not, we should not feel the need to have our hands tied behind our backs by it.

Hear Hear. ;) ;)

Can somebody explain the difference between the Lee Rigby killing and the many drone killings of so called terrorists in their family homes, cars or social gatherings?

Only if you tell me the difference between these "drone" kills and the indiscriminate bombings on the London Tube system on 7th July 2007. ;)

It boils down to one thing, Revenge, or vengeance, take for instance my 10 cats, they can all be living peacefully and getting along fine, then for no reason two may get too close for comfort , and one would paw the other, and the other would then almost retaliate or begin to retaliate, but I would soon shout "No fighting" and they will both retract, but the one who got pawed will remember that and even after about 2 to 3 minutes have gone, and when I look away or move away from them, then the one that got pawed would soon sneak over to the one that pawed and take its revenge! I found this behaviour quite amusing, no different to us. or not very Christian like! we are suppose to turn the other cheek!

So my guess is because we went over there first (remember how we ventured out to many places colonised many societies and nations, and tried to poke our nose in their affairs, tried to show them how to live in a democracy, so they want to now come over here as some of them love our democracy! and poke their nose in our affairs now,

we started it first thats for sure! Now we have to be on our guard all the time, end of the day most of us believe that we came out of monkeys, (animals) so may be there is some truth in this, a true human being would would be more intelligent and that all wars are futile, and no war can be won.

Funnily enough thats what the nazis thought...After all, how could 'jews' be signatories as a whole?

(and yes there were signed protocols before 1949 when the term 'convention' was ultimately coined!)

Had they escaped to the land they love I expect they would have also been charged and found guilty of murder because of the Geneva Convention.
But did we consider deporting the soldier who killed the wounded enemy, be dealt with by the country in which the act had been perpetrated. Shouldn't our moral high ground have considered that?
I think you have missed the irony in my post.
Had they escaped or been deported they would have been treated as heroes and the Geneva Convention ignored.
Just a real quickie for now 'cos I'm busy today:

If they had escaped then the country of their destination would have had the same opportunity as our government had, i.e. treat them as soldiers or criminals. If their country of destination treated them as criminals they would have been repatriated to UK (or faced prosecution in that country, as our sodiers have been), or treated as heroes, i.e. as soldiers.

The UK government (please don't say the DPP were independent, 'cos we all know that's nonsense, the DPP was created and is governed by the laws of the government) had the same choice,i.e. treat them as soldiers and incarcerate them as POWs or prosecute them as criminals.

I'm sure that the government thought that treating them as POWs would create the potential for some of our soldiers to be captured as potential pawns.

Gotta go

Edit: Sorry I made a real mess of that response. That'll teach me to try and do a quickie when I really don't have the time.

Sponsored Links
Back