Kind of fitting to use on concrete ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to mount a ceiling mounted TV mount in my ground floor office. It has suspended ceiling and above the ceiling tiles is what appears to be big concrete slabs. I am assuming I just drilling straight into the concrete and place some sort of plug in there and a screw. Question is what kind of screw and plug will be suitable for this type of material? I will be mounting a 40" TV.

Sponsored Links
Assuming that there is no access to the other side....
Plugs sometimes give some indication of their max weight.
If it were me, I'd be trying to guess at what age (and hence weight) a child would no longer be tempted to swing from it.
Your choice is probably between a sleeve anchor and a resin fixing. Screwfix etc. have lots to choose from.

Hilti and fischer do some good fixings. If you have a look on their websites you'll be able to find there tension capacities. For higher capacities you'd probably be look at either an expansion anchor or chemical anchor.

If it's concrete ceiling, then it's going to be a devil to drill into, and you may well hit a reinforcing bar. You'll need an SDS drill, and an expanding anchor should be fine. A resin fixing is better in a horizontal hole, as you've got to keep everything stable and kept in the hole till the resin goes off.

Sponsored Links
Good point, fixing into the slab soffit an expansion anchor would be better suited. Plus you can load it straight away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back