Kingfisher2 Orange flame and Pilot keeps blowing out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Potterton Kingfisher 2 which is a bit old now but was running ok until recently when there was no heater nor hot water. When I tried to put the light on, I noticed that the flame is of orange colour. I heard that this is a bad sign and it can cause Carbon Monoxide.

I called an engineer who will come to have a look tomorrow but he mentioned that I need to change the Pilot Assembler. What are the possible cause of the Orange flame, considering that I did a service in January 2012.

Sponsored Links
Could be a number of things, your engineer should be able to diagnose, in the meantime TURN IT OFF AND DO NOT USE IT!!!

You did the service yourself?

It sounds as if the engineer if it was one did not bother much about the poilot assembly at the service.

Or the flue outside could have become blocked!

Tony Glazier

No, an engineer did the servicing. He also changed the Thermo-couple and also the Gas Valve at the time.

I also have a carbon monoxide detector in the house..

Sponsored Links
I also have a carbon monoxide detector in the house..

That's good, as long as it's a proper battery-powered one that's in date, however I feel I need to repeat my previous statement in case it didn't quite sink in the first time around...

TURN OFF YOUR BOILER AND DO NOT USE IT until your engineer has told you it is safe to use

Yes Muggles..

I have switched it off as soon as I read your message. The engineer will be here in the morning. Although the Carbon Monoxide detector is working fine, I prefer to be on the safe side as you mentioned...

Glad to hear it, although a CO detector is a very good thing to have, it should always be considered a second line of defence, if you suspect a problem then turning your appliance off should always be the first course of action

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back