Kitch Sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at replacing my kitchen sink. It is a single bowl currently but would like to put in a double bowl sink. My cabinet below the sink measures exactly 770mm. I have been looking at double sinks and most of them say "minimum cabinet width" as 800mm. When I look at the technical drawings they say the bowls measure 710mm across. Would this fit the space or not with the plumbing?
img.ashx

Sponsored Links
Your measurement of 770 mm internal is an 800 mm cabinet allowing for two side of the cabinet of 15mm each

The difference between 710 and 770 may be due to the overflow if it's on the side of the bowl(s).
In any case, cabinets can easily be cut to accommodate such things.

Sponsored Links
Your measurement of 770 mm internal is an 800 mm cabinet allowing for two side of the cabinet of 15mm each
Well that is not strictly true.
A 800mm cabinet, will have a overall measurement of 800mm, then you need to take into account the width of the cabinets side panels(which can vary). So the internal measurement will be of a 800mm cabinet: 800mm-(2 x side panel width) Likely to be between 764mm and 770mm.
If that is the case, you may have to chop into one of the side panels to accommodate the bowl/bowls.

Just be careful about how you can get the sink clips on and tightened up - they are a right bastard at the best of times! :cautious:

I think that we're both singing off the same hymn sheet, sink sizes are given in terms of the overall size of the sink and the minimum cabinet size into which it will fit. In the OP's example the sink is designed to fit into a 800 mm overall cabinet rather than internal measurements.

As an example (take a look at the graphic below the photo)
https://www.howdens.com/kitchen-collection/kitchen-sinks/lamona-hayeswater-double-sink/

That is fine if this particular sink is to be used, as the cut-out is designed to fit into a 800mm cabinet, but will still be a squeeze.
Leaving very little space either side of the cabinet side panels.
750 cut-out being squished into a 768 space.!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back