Kitchen 3D design software

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a software package for designing and planning a kitchen. I see there are several 'complete' home design packages out there, mostly for designing a complete house, and i fear heavily biased towards the American market. What i would really like is a package that dealt with UK sized fixtures and fittings and did not require you to build a complete house model. I did have a design created by MFI, though the sales person didn't have a clue about the software they use, something like that would be excellent, though i fear expensive!

Sponsored Links
Well, I use Autocad, it's for proffesional use and costs £3500! :( I'm not sure as to the cheaper packages out there because I don't need to use anything else!

MFI is a difficult one to find at the moment but I will keep trying as I would be interested in this one.

I have used this one from Ikea which you can download if it any good............

I think I am right in saying that the Software that MFI use has some sort of lease agreement with the vendors. I leaned across one of their PC's and found the name on the net. (Can't remember what it is called now.) I use AutoCad LT which is cheaper than full blow AutoCad but still expensive.

Sponsored Links
Yes, Autocad LT is very good, almost as good as the full blown version but without the 3D and autolisp features, but still costs around £500. A bit much for designing a kitchen!

I've just joined the site and found this as I was looking through.

I don't think that you can beat this to be honest even though it's slightly American:- its here

At the end you even get a photorealistic picture of your design.

Try the live demo to see what it's like.

You could try EasyCAD here . Much more intuitive to use and easier than autocad

Ive been trying the kitchendraw software and it seems very good!

if you are looking for something cheep, there is a free one on the Ikea website. It does use "funny" Ikea sizes but works well to give a reasonable view of what a kitchen might look like.

Ikea do a freebie 3D package that's ever so easy to use. Of course it does use their kitchen units and is pretty basic, but if you just want to get an idea of how its going to look and whether things are going to fit then worth a bash. A word of caution, the first time I used it, I designed the whole kitchen before saving only to see it crash. Had to redo it saving as I went and have had no further problems. Their site is www.ikea.c.uk - I think?

Masona posted the full Ikea link on Saturday. See the second post in this thread.

I prefer to use google sketchup, not tied to designers sizes/units, can import wallpapers or colours, you can view it from any angle and best of all it's free...pinenot :)

You nearly get the award there mate.... if you had left your post for another 3 1/2 months, you would have revived a 10 year old thread!! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back