Kitchen appliance wiring (threads merged and moved)

JPT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone please advise on how/best practise to wire up (hard wire) a dishwasher and washer/dryer for my new kitchen? I have an existing plug socket at the rear of the washer/dryer but told as it’s integrated there’s not enough room so will need to be hardwired in. This socket is fed from a rocker switch on a grid elsewhere with other appliances (& 13a fuse). My problem is wanting to install a dishwasher in tandom but have no power supply to it so can I somehow utilise the existing socket? Running cables down for a fresh supply is not possible due to the flooring upstairs. Hope this makes sense, any constructive help is greatly appreciated, cheers

Sponsored Links
You would be better off posting this in the electrics section , lots of people on there that can help you

Could someone please advise on how/best practise to wire up (hard wire) a dishwasher and washer/dryer for my new kitchen? I have an existing plug socket at the rear of the washer/dryer but told as it’s integrated there’s not enough room so will need to be hardwired in. This socket is fed from a rocker switch on a grid elsewhere with other appliances (& 13a fuse). My problem is wanting to install a dishwasher in tandom but have no power supply to it so can I somehow utilise the existing socket? Running cables down for a fresh supply is not possible due to the flooring upstairs. Hope this makes sense, any constructive help is greatly appreciated, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
You may have intended to put it in the Electrics section, but you didn't. I moved it. Mod.
I posted this in the electrics section and it has been moved back here because it ties in with this thread????

E55D84EF-587A-4064-BA5C-9201D6B47B41.png

Which cable are you referring to that I can extend?

Why would I move the socket, it’s for the washer dryer? I’m wanting to know if I can utilise it to supply power also to the dishwasher as it currently has no power supply? This is why I asked extend which cables?

Sorry im sure If I’m making myself clear. Hardwiring the washer dryer isn’t a problem I can convert the socket to a fcu or whatever. My problem is getting power to the dishwasher which is next to it but I cannot run any fresh cables from the grid on the opposite side of the kitchen. The socket in question is effectively a spur for isolation from the grid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back