Kitchen appliance wiring (threads merged and moved)

Ah, sorry.

The only thing I can think of is to rewire the cable, to the washer/drier, at the grid switch so that it is connected to the circuit itself - if suitable (and no longer through the grid switch as it likely will not suitable for switching both appliances).

Then replace the washer/drier socket with an FCU and extend the cable to another FCU or socket for the dishwasher.

Sponsored Links
I can convert the socket to a fcu or whatever.
You do not need (or want) an FCU. There is already a fuse, and a switch, in the grid switches. You don’t want a fuse hidden behind the appliance.

You are going to have to find a source for power for the dishwasher. You can’t tack on to another service from the grid because the current will be too much.
Where’s the nearest 13A socket that is on a ring final?

Thanks EFLImpudence, I’ll consider that.
TaylorTwocities nothing close enough unfortunately but I will have to have a closer look to see if there are any hidden maybe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back