Kitchen base unit heights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just checking what height do i use for the kitchen base units, Im going to be putting laminate floor down, which will raise the floor by around 15mm, do i need to raise the base units up 15mm to make allowance for this?

Andy

Sponsored Links
If the units remain without adjustment the kick-board may need to be trimmed.

Usual height of base units is 870mm from floor to top of base unit. If you have a washing machine this height will allow it to be placed under the worktop. If your putting down any flooring after installing the kitchen, you may well want to add the flooring height to the units before fixing them. IE if your flooring is 15mm thick then set your units at 885mm. Personally I wouldn't put laminate flooring in the kitchen, although there are some types which have a plastic core instead of wood fibre and are totally waterproof.

Sponsored Links
yeah, personally i wouldnt use laminate either, but the wife wants it and even though ive told her it could be long term trouble, if there is a leak etc, im happy to install and say i told u so.......... wish me luck i have a baby due in 3 weeks and an empty plastered room, kettle in the bedroom means a cuppa in the morning is simple!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back