Kitchen & Bathroom replaced no Building Regs-Issues sell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We're in the process of selling our home. Whilst living here I have replaced the Kitchen on a like for like basis with some minor movement of the electrics. I have also put in a new bathroom but on the other side of a stud wall if that makes sense. So the old spare room is now the bathroom and vice versa with the stud wall in the same spot. Downlights were added to the bathroom. Both jobs were carried out by a competent kitchen/bathroom fitter but no building regs were obtained.

Are we likely to face problems when trying to sell? What is the best course of action? I've had a good read of the planning portal. The kitchen was like for like so can't see that being a major issue. The bathroom was obviously a bit more drastic and the downlights prob should have been notified as well as movement of the toilet/bath/sink etc.. Is it worth playing dumb and saying it was like that when we moved in or will they be able to find out otherwise? Open to any suggestions and I'm confident of the quality of all the work carried out.

Cheers in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi folks,

Work done about 3-4 years ago. If I say work done already will they not just want to see the previous owners building regs?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Is it worth playing dumb and saying it was like that when we moved in

No. If the buyers find out they can sue you for misrepresentation of the property.

Any responses you make to buyer's enquiries must be truthful. However, they do not necessarily have to be the whole truth.

Eg for the kitchen: New kitchen units and fittings run to existing pipes and drains. No new electrical circuits installed.

You don't install any new circuits did you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back