Kitchen Cabinet Door Help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I'm feeling like a right idiot because i can't drill a bloody hole, so i need some assistance...

I'm replacing my kitchen cabinet doors but they came without the hinge holes drilled. I thought no problem, i'll pop over to Homebase and get a 35mm bit that's designed to do the job.

I went home and measured where the hole was to be, turned on the drill and thats when it went skiting off almost hitting my foot and taking a gouge out of the door.

I've had another go, this time on a scrap peice of wood but the problem is the same, the bit just goes flying off taking wood with it.

The cabinets doors are all solid pine, no veneer.

Help!!

Sponsored Links
Is this your kitchen?

editorb-flickr-kitchen-425.jpg

:LOL:

its very difficult to use a hinge bit free hand,i would either make up a jig or put the bit in a drill press so you can hold the door securely.

Sponsored Links
Never had a problem drilling free hand and drilled hundreds, cannot skip if pressure is applied and drill is vertical. :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back